I arrived in Costa Rica at 645 in the morning on Sunday, Feb 16th. I got some Colones and made my way to Casa Papaya where the director of the program lived. My host family, Familia Solis, was already there ready to meet me. I has a short meet and greet and went to their house a couple blocks away. After an hour of trying to have a conversation with Hazel, my "mama Tica," we went to the weekly market to meet up with the other students and take a tour of San Isidro De Heredia. After walking and learning a bit I went back to my home stay, ate, and chatted with the family.
I could give more details about my first day, but it would go on and on. I feel welcome here. In the evening, I felt less frustrated communicating with my gracious host family. I can already feel that experience improving. More details to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment