Not a shabby joint. Nice 30 min bus ride beforehand gives me a chance to see the pueblo, since it takes me through the hills and windy roads. This is a flyer from the rodeo I went to last Friday. It is put on by my tico parents. It was pretty interesting. Walking up there are bumper cars, a bunch of foosball tables, and other games. I got inside the arena around 730, where they were doing some games for the younger dudes. After an old fashioned tug-of-war they sent a greased up piggie to run around. Poor little dude was outnumbered so it was a short chase.
Mom, I know you're not a fan of this sort of thing, but if it makes you feel better the animals got a chance to fight back, and they did.
Saturday was a day spent in Heredia and later San Jose. We went on a coffee tour at Cafe Brit. On the way from the bus to the taxi, I saw a bit of American influence. You can see burger king, quiznos, and pizza hut.
This is the back wall in the gift shop of Cafe Brit. Each section is a different flavor (with samples). I had way to many chocolate covered beans and cups of coffee. After checking that out, we went on our 1.5 hour tour.
History lesson
Walking through part of the farm.
After that, we took an hour cab ride (ugh traffic) to San Jose where we checked into a hostel. I don't have pictures of it unfortunately but it was pretty sweet, and for $14 I expected a lot less! I did capture what struck me as a similar sight until I realized it wasn't Cold Stone and 85 degrees, jaja.
Later, we went to an "Artesian Market" and since I had no idea what that meant, I didn't know what to expect. It was a row of small shops with (mostly) hand made stuff for pretty good prices. I bought a couple of things but might have to go back before my trip is over.
This brings us to today. On Wednesday and Thursday we will be doing a community outreach in La Carpio. Today my team prepared for prevention and treatment of food borne illness.
I can do a presentation or group chat pretty easily but this is in spanish, so wish me luck. That is all I have for now. Thanks for reading!
Pura Vida
Corey
You will kill it, the people will most likely be very kind another thing you are not accustomed to. Best wishes to you.
ReplyDelete